Print Friendly

Glengorm Standing Stones

Click on images to enlarge

Three standing stones occupy a commanding position on the end of a ridge in the broken ground to the west of Glengorm Castle.  In the early 1880s only one of the stones was upright, but the other two had been re-erected by 1942.  The stones are surrounded by a modern enclosure-bank and the packing-stones visible around the two re-erected stones are also of a recent date.

A large heap of stones nearby was recorded in 1883, but it is no longer visible, and it is not clear from the description whether it was a prehistoric burial-cairn or not.

 

 

Grid Reference NM 434 571