Print Friendly

Rubha nan Gall Lighthouse

Click on image to enlarge

Rubha nan Gall

Rubha nan Gall

 

This is a traditional lighthouse designed by Thomas and David Stevenson.  It was first established in 1857 and manned by keepers until 1960 when the light was automated.  The tower is on a small islet joined to the keepers house and the shore by a bridge.  The light is exhibited from a black-painted lantern room at the top of a 19 metre white-painted masonry tower.  Access is by a one mile walk along the cliff top path from Tobermory.

 

Character:

Flashing White every 3 seconds

Focal Plane: 17 metres

Range: 15 nautical miles

Position: 56 38.3 N 006 03.9W